|Blue text||Replace with information from source|
|Purple bold text||Text required by the APA style|
|[Gray text in brackets]||Tips|
Newspaper – APA Reference List
- The title of article is in sentence case
- The newspaper name is in title case – Each word in the name is capitalized, except for articles (a, an, the), prepositions (against, between, in, of, to), conjunctions (and, but, for, nor, or, so, yet), and the infinitive 'to'.
Newspaper – Print version
- In text, if the article does not have an author, use a title (shorten, if necessary). Put the title in quotes.
- If an article appears on discontinuous pages (e.g. starts on p. D1 and continues on p. D5), give all page numbers, separated by a comma.
- Schultz, S. (2005, December 28). Calls made to strengthen state energy policies. The Country Today, pp. 1A, 2A.
Newspaper – Electronic version
- Give the URL of the newspaper home page when the online version of the article is available by search to avoid nonworking URLs.
- No retrieval date is required
- Becker, E. (2001, August 27). Prairie farmers reap conservation's rewards. The New York Times, pp. 12-90. Retrieved from http://www.nytimes.com