|Blue text||Replace with information from source|
|Purple bold text||Text required by the APA style|
|[Gray text in brackets]||Tips|
Magazine – APA Reference List
- The title of article is in sentence case
- The magazine name (or title) is in title case – Each word in the title is capitalized, except for articles (a, an, the), prepositions (against, between, in, of, to), conjunctions (and, but, for, nor, or, so, yet), and the infinitive 'to'.
Magazine – Print version
- Give the date shown on the publication: month for monthlies / month and day for weeklies.
- Henry, W. A. (1990, January 9). Making the grade in today's schools. Time, 135, 28-31.
Magazine – Electronic version
- No retrieval date is required
- Clay, R. (2008, June). Science vs. ideology: Psychologists fight back about the misuse of research. Monitor on Psychology, 39(6). Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/
- Lodewijkx, H. F. (2001, May 23). Individual-group continuity in cooperation and competition under varying communication conditions. Current Issues in Social Psychology, 6(12), 166-182. Retrieved from http://www.uiowa.edu/~grpproc/crisp/crisp.6.12.htm